Thursday, January 31, 2013

Kindness has changed my life.

I'm pretty religious. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I love it. In case you've never heard of my church, we are commonly referred to as "Mormons".

I mean, I've been raised a Mormon, so I don't know what it's like to be in any other religion. However, don't think for one second that I only stayed a Mormon because of my upbringing. I don't usually get too preachy on this blog, but I just feel so strongly about this. I'm not trying to convert you. I'm just being honest about my life. So, if you want to read about something good, then please read on.

Being alone is lonely. I know that's not exactly a new concept, but sometimes we forget that, I think. There is nothing that can get me down faster than being alone when I'm feeling lonely. Don't get me wrong, I like my alone time. I'm what they call an introvert. But being alone when I already feel lonely is.. well.. lonely. And hard. And heart-breaking.

There is one person who knows exactly how I feel always, and He doesn't live on earth. Well, His body doesn't. But He never lets me be alone, and that's one of the most important reasons why I fervently believe in Him. It's not a crutch, it's not a figment of my imagination or creativity, it's real. Somehow, whenever I feel like there's not possibly a way for my life to implode even further, it does. I feel like the realities I've set come crashing down. But He is always there to hold my hand. He is always there to envelope me with His love. And then, when I'm ready, He is there to help me pick up the pieces.

This song changed my life. Listen to it. Even if you don't believe, there is meaning in it. Bad things happen to everyone--that's life, man. But they only last a moment, and then there are people there to make you feel whole again.

"Though thine afflictions seem
At times too great to bear
I know thine every thought and every care
And though the very jaws of hell gape after thee
I am with thee
And with everlasting mercy will I succor thee
And with healing will I take thee 'neath my wings
Though the mountains shall depart
And the hills shall be removed
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea
Know my child
My kindness shall not depart from thee"



cheers,
ka.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Thank you, Kolbie. Inspiring in every way. Thanks for sharing and know that you touched my heart with your words and the beautiful music.

    Erin Pike Tall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kolbie this is wonderful! Thank you. I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the "Like" button on this page? :)

    ReplyDelete